RGBA and transparency

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Oct 21 09:57:08 EDT 2004

On Oct 21, 2004, at 3:50 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> does anybody know the status of RGBA output mode and transparency, as
> noted in the following e-mail by Sean?
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0406/
> msg00579.html
>
> Is there a bug report (feature enhancement) for this one?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

Bart,

I've fixed two bugs in 4.2.4 and 4.3.  From HISTORY.TXT:

- Restored ability to render transparent (indexed or alpha) pixmap
symbols
   on RGB map images, including annotation layers and embedded scalebars.
   This feature remains OFF by default for map layers and is enabled by
   specifying TRANSPARENCY ALPHA (bugs 926, 490).

If you use transparent pixmap symbols to style a layer, set
TRANSPARENCY ALPHA for that layer.  This behavior is left off by default
because it is somewhat expensive to use it when it isn't needed.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com