MapServer compile error

Norman Barker normanb at COMSINE.CO.UK
Mon Oct 25 07:23:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to compile the nightly build of MapServer from source.  I
keep getting this error.

configure: error: "Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
/usr/local.  Make sure GD 2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling
configure."

I have compiled GD from source and the libraries are in /usr/local/lib
and the headers are in /usr/local/include

I run configure with --with-gd=/usr/local

There is a previous version of gd in /usr/lib, /usr/include, but I can't
get the rpm removed because of dependencies.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Norman