More GD errors

Norman Barker normanb at COMSINE.CO.UK
Mon Oct 25 12:54:51 EDT 2004

Sean Gillies wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2004, at 9:18 AM, Norman Barker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have switched boxes to a clean install of Red Hat FC2 to compile
>> MapServer (nightly build),
>> FC2 ships with the 2 series version of GD as required mapserver but the
>> configure script still fails
>> to pick it up even when I use --with-gd=/usr/local
>>
>> Has anyone got a (fool-proof!) set of instructions for compiling
>> MapServer?  This GD error
>> is a hurdle I can't get over!
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Norman Barker
>>

> Norman,
>
> If you provide more details, I'll try to help.  Your message gives us
> little to
> go on.  Specifically: MapServer version, the output of the configure
> script,
> and your actual configure command.
>
> I'm using a FC2-based distribution (KRUD) and it comes with GD 1.8.4 in
> /usr/lib.
> Are you sure you have a GD 2?  If so, where are the libraries and
> include files
> found?
>
> Sean
>

> --
> Sean Gillies
> sgillies at frii dot com
> http://users.frii.com/sgillies

I have to boxes one that is running Red Hat 9 and the other FC 2, the
errors are the same so I will describe both

I building the nightly snapshot of MapServer so that I can use the WCS
functionality.

I have a version of GD in /usr/lib, and version 2.x of GD in usr/local/lib

so running

./configure --with-wcs --with-gd=/usr/local --with-proj=/usr/bin
 --with-png=/usr/lib --with-wmsclient --with-curl-config=/usr/bin/curl-config --with-wfsc
lient --with-ogr=/usr/bin/gdal-config --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config --with-wfs

(as kindly given by Newland Agbenowosi)

gives the following error
"Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/local.  Make sure GD
2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling configure."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Norman