Timestamped Map

IMD Listuser imd_listuser at COMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 25 15:01:25 EDT 2004

Hi Brent

Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you are saying about having to pass in the
map_timestamp_feature_text in the url.

Id like to avoid that and have the server set the time on the image. Is
there anything that I can use to allow me to do so? Seems like there
ought to be....

Cheers

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Brent Fraser
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 12:31
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Timestamped Map

Charlie,

  While the [imagedate] "variable" looks like MapServer CGI variable,
it's not.  It's just something I invented (well, borrowed) for a
particular implementation.  The Mapserver CGI variable you will be using
for the map file snippet below is map_TimeStamp_feature_text.  You set
it in the URL the client passes to the server.  It won't work to set
[imagedate] in the URL as Mapserver has no clue about that variable, and
has no way to set text in the mapfile.  It DOES have a way to substitute
the entire contents of a map file object using the map_ syntax. See the
bottom of http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/cgi-reference.html
("Changing map file
parameters...")

  What does your URL look like?