learner driver problem (with mapfile?)

Brent Wood pcreso at PCRESO.COM
Tue Oct 26 15:56:15 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to drive mapserver, working through the tutorial, and
trying to apply it to some of my data.

I have a mapfile created by qgis, with a couple of edits (included below)

I tried to point my browser directly at the map, with:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/srv/www/htdocs/mapserver_demos/wgtn.map&mode=map

My browser says I'm seeing a 600x600 jpeg (or png, as appropriate) but the
image is completely blank, so I figure mapserver is drawing a blank image.

Could someone explain what I've done wrong?

Thanks,

  Brent Wood

Mapfile text below:

# Map file generated by QGIS version 0.4.0
# Edit this file to customize for your interface
# Not all sections are complete. See comments for details.
NAME wgtn
STATUS ON
# Map image size. Change size as desired
SIZE 600 600
#
# Start of web interface definition. Only the TEMPLATE parameter
# must be specified to display a map. See Mapserver documentation
#
WEB
  # HEADER
  # TEMPLATE
  # FOOTER
  # MINSCALE
  # MAXSCALE
END
# Extent based on full extent of QGIS view
EXTENT 174.606 -41.4479 175.106 -40.9882
UNITS dd
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
IMAGETYPE jpeg
# Projection definition
# Projections are not currenlty supported. If desired, add your own
# projection information based on Mapserver documentation.
#
LAYER
  NAME coastline_ll
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/hydrology/coastline_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "Coastline_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME river_bdy_ll
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/hydrology/river_bdy_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "River_bdy_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME river_cl_ll
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/hydrology/river_cl_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "River_cl_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME lake_poly_ll
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/hydrology/lake_poly_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "Lake_poly_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    COLOR 255 0 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME swamp_poly_ll
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/hydrology/swamp_poly_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "Swamp_poly_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    COLOR 255 0 0
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME road_cl_ll
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON
  DATA /raid0/corax/wellington/transport/road_cl_ll.shp
  CLASS
    NAME "Road_cl_ll"
    # TEMPLATE
    OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0