Colors, PNGs

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at CL.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Mon Sep 6 07:27:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem with colors in maps rendererd by Mapserver when using
png as the outputformat.  I have two layers: a raster layer with
black&white ortho imagery and a shape showing buildings in different
colors.  The layers a look as expected when rendered
individually.  See:

 * http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~malsburg/temp/mapserv03.png
 * http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~malsburg/temp/mapserv01.png

But if I switch them both on, it looks like

 * http://www.cl.uni-heidelberg.de/~malsburg/temp/mapserv02.png

Everything is black&white.  The problem does only appear with
outputformat set to png.

Thanks,
        Titus

$ mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

On Debian unstable.