Itemquery and RegEx

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Thu Sep 9 06:04:08 EDT 2004

Hi list,
when I use "mode=itemnquery" (or "mode=itemquery") and I put a regular
expression as search string (for example, "qstring=(W|w)ashington") I get
this error:

msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found.
msyyparse(): Expression parser error. parse error
msyyparse(): Expression parser error. parse error
msyyparse(): Expression parser error. parse error
msyyparse(): Expression parser error. parse error
msyyparse(): Expression parser error. parse error

A "normal" search string (e.g., "qstring=Washington") works well: record
is found, and query result is shown.

I use MapServer as CGI.

This is 'mapserv -v' output:

MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

What's wrong?

 Daniele

P.S.: why can't I send messages through my e-mail client? I have to use
the web interface...