ASP & ASPExec

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 9 10:21:32 EDT 2004

Marta,

I am copying the mapserver-users mailing list with this message as
there may be others who can help you.

Without more details, it's hard to guess where it may be failing.

1. Get everything working with straight CGI, then run exactly the same
query string thru ASPExec.

2. Try it at the command line rather than thru ASPExec. This may show
error messages.

3. Try a different version of mapserv.exe - it seem to remember some
discussion on the list suggesting that maybe the QUERY_STRING= syntax
was broken breifly in a 4.x version.

4. I have attached a simple .asp file which may server as an example.

5. There is also an asp "forwarding" mechanism described at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk30/htm/xmobjxmldomserverxmlhttp_using_directly.asp
and
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/wms-server-howto.html#onlineresourceurl
that might be useful, and easier, depending on what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Rich
--
Richard Greenwood