show utm geotiff

joerg p superbla3000 at GMX.NET
Sat Sep 11 14:14:25 EDT 2004

Hhmmmm...somehow, it doesn't work...

I put the Projection tag in my raster layer, but when I use the original
utm geotiff, it doesn't work.
When I use the by globalmapper reprojected geotiff, it works, but
unfortunately the image is not so nice.

When I test it with the reprojected image and the Projection tag, the
image is still shown in latlong. Actuelly I can use whatever in the
Projection definition, but nothing changes...

Maybe my proj doesn't work?
I am working at the moment with mapserver for windows.

Joerg

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Titus von der Malsburg
Sent: Samstag, 11. September 2004 19:33
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] show utm geotiff

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 07:14:56PM +0200, joerg p wrote:
> I want to use the landsat7 geotiffs, which are in utm.
> Unfortunatelly my mapserver only shows geotiffs in latlong.

My guess would be:

LAYER
  TYPE RASTER
  PROJECTION
    "proj=utm"
    "zone=32"
    "ellps=WGS84"
    "datum=WGS84"
    "units=m"
    "no_defs"
  END
END

Of course you have to adjust the zone parameter to the appropriate UTM
zone of your data.

Or you can use the gdalwarp utillity to reproject the images and putting
the reprojected versions to the map.

    Titus
~