asp and mapserver

Javier Castillejo Montes jcastil1 at TRAGSA.ES
Mon Sep 27 11:52:14 EDT 2004

Hi all

I do not know exactly what you are looking for, but ahta I'm doing is :
- I have to frames
        - I select some data from "ASP frame"
        - I build the URL to "update" the scr of frame2
        - I "update" frame2

What I obtain is a "ASP frame" which has somo logical scratch and as "HTML frame" which can be updated from "ASP frame" but also con be manage by itself due to I added zoom, drag, pan,set scale, etc etc functions

Hope It will hep you

Javier

-----Mensaje original-----
De: David Fawcett [mailto:David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US]
Enviado el: lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2004 16:58
Para: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Asunto: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] asp and mapserver

Steve,

I am not sure what level of integration your are looking for.  There
are some people on this list who have done .asp MapServer projects,
including a wrapper I believe.  Hopefully they will speak up.

Depending on your needs, one easy solution is to use .asp to
dynamically build a http request string to a MapServer Server
(mode=map).  This string is then used as the source of an image on your
page.  I do this with ColdFusion all the time.

It doesn't allow you to query the image, zoom, etc.  But it is a great,
cheap, and easy way to add simple dynamic map components to a Web app.

David.

>>> Steve McCrone <ms57 at STREAMYX.COM> 9/27/2004 8:45:12 AM >>>
Hi,

Is there a way to mix asp and mapserver?

I need to access a database using asp, and then use some of the reults
create a GIF using mapserver, and then pass the gif file name created
another html page.

The problem is that I cannot seem to mix mapserver and asp.

Thanks