CGI problem

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Sep 29 15:05:27 EDT 2004

Andy -

First, be careful with relative paths - they can be fragile, and might not do what you expect.  And is that path really .../cgi/bin/... ?

Test by just entering the SRC URL in your browser's address bar, prefixed by the appropriate URL root (make sure it's what you expect).  You'll then get to see any error message MapServer is generating.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 978 251-4242   Fax: +1 978 251-1396

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of ANDY CANFIELD
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 3:01 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] CGI problem

I have mapserver set up on a development server. It runs just fine with phpmapscript. However if I try the following simple IMG tag:

IMG SRC="MapServer/cgi/bin/mapserv?map=orthotest.map&mode=map" width=450 height=450

in an html page I get nothing. I even put mapserver and the .map file in the same directory. I can make a php page that works with that exact same map. I have IIS set to allow scripts and executables. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?