Fwd: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] "msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. " Error Loading Map File

Jack Ling fly2moon2 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 04:19:36 EST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.
I still can't get it. I was following example1 of tutorial. Following
is the example1_1.map file (originally, it doesn't even have the
IMAGEPATH"/"IMAGEURL" clause stated. I added accordinly after your
advice).

I've modified httpd.conf as suggested so that I can now point to
/ms_tmp/ or my web server : http://localhost/ms_tmp/. It is fine even
displaying a png format file from there.

How if I put the map file below to /ms_tmp/ and run this:

http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=http://localhost/ms_tmp/example1_1.map&mode=map

I still got the error:
msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (http://localhost/ms_tmp/example1-1.map)

I've restarted Apache2 server.

If I followed the suggestion to put absolute path like
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:\\temp\\example1-1.map&mode=map
or
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:\temp\example1-1.map&mode=map

It will complain: msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. No
such file or directory

your further insidght is appreciated.

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT         201621.496941 -294488.285333 1425518.020722 498254.511514
  SIZE           400 300
  SHAPEPATH      "data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255

  WEB
    IMAGEPATH 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/MapServer/ms_tmp/'
    IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"
  END

  PROJECTION
    "proj=laea"
    "ellps=clrk66"
    "lat_0=45"
    "lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  # "init=epsg:2163"
  #
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------
  LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
    NAME         states
    DATA         states_ugl
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POLYGON