LABELREQUIRES - valid DATA object needed in 4.4.1

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 05:04:16 EST 2005

hi list,

For an application, we would be pleased to use the LABELREQUIRES
functionnality to be able to set the annotation visibility for several
layers at once.
That for we wanted to use a empty layer which purpose is to be set to
ON/OFF, in order to force the labelling of the other layer.

But, as in a 4.2.2 version of Mapserver, the label required layer
doesn't not need any data object, in the last 4.4.1 version, it cannot
be empty. DATA must be set otherwise the labelrequires operates like
the required layer status was set to OFF all the time.

note : an alternative consists to give a empty dataset (empty shapfile).

Can this be reported as a bug, is this a wanted feature ?

Pierre GIRAUD
camptocamp.com