No anti-aliasing for cartoline symbol?

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 12:38:24 EST 2005

Hi James,

The documentation states that 'antialias true' within the symbol
definition is just for truetype fonts, 'antialias true' in the style
affects both truetype fonts and cartolines.

Try your map with no antialias statement in the symbol or in the
style, then compare the results with 'antialias true' just within the
style.

I just started using the cartoline symbol for roads myself, and I can
see a good difference ... still a little jaggy, but a good difference.

Perhaps the 72dpi resolution of the output image is keeping the jaggies visible.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC