No anti-aliasing for cartoline symbol?

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Fri Apr 1 15:37:09 EST 2005

Don't know what to say.  For the record, I build MapServer from source,
v4.4.1 now (I can't remember when I started using cartolines), on Mac
OS X.  I just realized that you say 4.5 - is that the CVS dev version?
Maybe some new change broke cartoline antialiasing.

On Apr 1, 2005, at 1:43 PM, James Sohr wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them.
> So far, no worky.
>
> I removed the 'antialias true' from the symbol file, no change.
>
> I removed the 'antialias true' from the style area, no change.
>
> I re-added the 'anti-alias true' to the style area, and set the
> linejoin
> type in the symbol file to round, the linecap type to round, and
> linejoinmaxsize to 3... and the edges of my lines and corners got
> rounder,
> but no change in the aliasing.
>
> I then removed all layers except for the layer in question, removed the
> background color set for the whole map, removed the projection
> settings,
> removed all the labels, so that I was down to a simple single layer and
> there still is no change in the aliasing.
>
> I even tried to get antialiased single-pixel width lines to work by not
> using any symbol reference or size parameter:
>
>   MAP
>
>     LAYER
>     TYPE LINE
>     DATA "myshapefile.dbf"
>     NAME "roads"
>     COLOR 0 0 0
>         STYLE
>         ANTIALIAS TRUE
>         END
>     END
>   END
>

> Even this did not work-- my single pixel line was still very much
> aliased!
>
> In the archives, I noticed at least one other fellow could not get the
> single-pixel line anti-aliasing to work, and wonder if this issue is
> related to the cartoline symbols not being anti-aliased.
>
> Any other ideas out there?  Could this possibly be some sort of bug?

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.