No anti-aliasing for cartoline symbol?

James Sohr jms4 at PO.CWRU.EDU
Fri Apr 1 14:43:27 EST 2005

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate them.
So far, no worky.

I removed the 'antialias true' from the symbol file, no change.

I removed the 'antialias true' from the style area, no change.

I re-added the 'anti-alias true' to the style area, and set the linejoin
type in the symbol file to round, the linecap type to round, and
linejoinmaxsize to 3... and the edges of my lines and corners got rounder,
but no change in the aliasing.

I then removed all layers except for the layer in question, removed the
background color set for the whole map, removed the projection settings,
removed all the labels, so that I was down to a simple single layer and
there still is no change in the aliasing.

I even tried to get antialiased single-pixel width lines to work by not
using any symbol reference or size parameter:

  MAP

    LAYER
    TYPE LINE
    DATA "myshapefile.dbf"
    NAME "roads"
    COLOR 0 0 0
        STYLE
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        END
    END
  END

Even this did not work-- my single pixel line was still very much aliased!

In the archives, I noticed at least one other fellow could not get the
single-pixel line anti-aliasing to work, and wonder if this issue is
related to the cartoline symbols not being anti-aliased.

Any other ideas out there?  Could this possibly be some sort of bug?

Thanks,
  James