Autodesk support

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 16:48:59 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 4:37 PM, ross s <r0ss at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The other option is to purchase the SDK from the Open Design Alliance
> (http://www.opendwg.org/) and embed the objects into your MapServer
> application.  I believe I read about someone on the user group doing this.

Ross,

The above is possible, but would require alot of additional programming.
I suspect Tom was looking for a solution that didn't require him to do
too much programming.  To the best of my knowledge the only "live
access" mechanism would be the one via FMEObjects that Bart mentioned.
But I would strongly encourage Tom to just pre-convert his files to shapefiles
using something like FME.

Best regards,