raster layer and tileindex

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 16:51:59 EST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 4:02 PM, Don Deskins <dldeskins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to mapserver and mapscript.  I have been playing with it for a few
> weeks and am pleased with a lot of it.
>
> I have run into a problem with a tiled raster layer.  I have tried to
> display images individually (jpg's) and can display them.  When I use a
> tiled layer, nothing happens... no error and no display.  I have tried both
> types of layering as discussed in another thread.  (I used gdalindex to
> create the shp file).

Don,

The most common problem with tileindexes is related to how MapServer
internally builds the path to the file from the path to the map, the
"SHAPEPATH", the path to the tileindex shapefile and the path within.
I don't actually know for sure how it is supposed to work, but I would
suggest you just use absolute paths inside your tileindex.  This can
be accomplished by using absolute paths when you invoke gdaltindex.

Of course, this might not be the problem.

You may also find it helpful to follow normal debugging mechanisms,
turning on debug, using shp2img, etc.

Best regards,