raster layer and tileindex

Don Deskins dldeskins at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 1 16:02:57 EST 2005

Hello,

I am new to mapserver and mapscript.  I have been playing with it for a few
weeks and am pleased with a lot of it.

I have run into a problem with a tiled raster layer.  I have tried to
display images individually (jpg's) and can display them.  When I use a
tiled layer, nothing happens... no error and no display.  I have tried both
types of layering as discussed in another thread.  (I used gdalindex to
create the shp file).

Here is what I have in the map file:
######################
#old layer:
  LAYER
    NAME "UTM16M-JPEG"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS ON
    TILEINDEX
"/var/www/html/default/shelby_new_gis/data/UTM16M-JPEG/index_16.shp"
    TILEITEM "location"
    #OFFSITE 0 0 0
    #MAXSCALE 80000
    #MINSCALE 10000
  END
#############################
#  or
# new type layers:
  LAYER
    NAME 'index_16'
    TYPE TILEINDEX
    DATA '/var/www/html/default/shelby_new_gis/data/UTM16M-JPEG/index_16'
  END

  LAYER
    NAME 'UTM16M-JPEG'
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER
    TILEINDEX '/var/www/html/default/shelby_new_gis/data/UTM16M-JPEG/index_16'
    TILEITEM 'LOCATION'
  END