Limiting a zoom.

Blammo bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Sat Apr 2 00:29:12 EST 2005

All,

Is there a way to have the zoom value max out at some value, where the
map can't be zoomed out any further, or even in the reverse, where the
user couldn't zoom in past a certain point.  Not just not display (as
with the MIN/MAXSCALE values in the MAP file, but not to even have the
scale of the map go beyond an upper or lower threshold.

What I would like to do when these upper and lower thresholds are reach
is to simply pan and recenter the view from the picked area.   Basically
not zoom out any further than the reference image for example.

I'm using the CGI version of MapServer.  Maybe someone has a trick up
their sleeve for this.

bobb