where to host python mapserver apps

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Sun Apr 3 13:06:47 EDT 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 10:48 PM, Jon Saints wrote:

> Anyone have recomendations for budget hosting
> companies for python mapscript mapserver apps?
>
> I am looking at hub.org, but the 256mb of disk space
> wont cut it for my imagery.
>
> Specific requirements:
>   - mod_python
>   - postgis
>   - mapserver, python mapscript
>
> I dont mind compiling/installing if i must.
>
> Thanks
> Jon

Jon,

What do you mean by budget?  Seems to me that 250MB is about all you
can expect for $20 a month.   Did you see python-hosting.com?  They
don't mention PostGIS, but might be persuaded to install it.  They also
claim to have

   Zope (shared  or dedicated), Plone (shared  or dedicated), Webware,
Twisted, CherryPy,
   SkunkWeb, Quixote, Spyce, Cheetah, mod_python

I don't know anything about their services other than what I read from
their site.

cheers,
Sean

--