Zooming to a coordinate position

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Apr 4 11:29:08 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 9:13 AM, Mike Saunt wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I'm a MapServer / MapScript newbie and also am implementing through
> the c# interface.
>
> I have quite a basic question.  How do you, via MapScript, zoom the
> map to a specific Longitude / Latitude coordinate?
>
> The map.zoomPoint requires imgage coordinates.
>
> I can code around to set the georef extent to the point and then
> change the scale but was wondering if there was a simple call?
>
> Any help much appreciated.
> Mike

Mike,

All of the zoom* methods are but convenience methods, mainly to turn
image click input into new map extents.  The essence of zooming is
setting the map extent.  Look in mapscript/swiginc/mapzoom.i for the C
code of the zoom* methods.  Some of this could be adapted to your
needs.

cheers,
Sean

--