transparency flash movie OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE/MULTIPLE

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at DUIF.NET
Tue Apr 5 03:55:16 EDT 2005

Hi List members,

using the mapserver (two layers) swf/flash output I tried both format
FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE"
FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=SINGLE"

Using the first one returns an 'index'-swf from which I can get the two
layer swf's. This results in 'transparent' movies, that is I can show a
bitmap behind the movie in the flashplayer.

When using output SINGLE, I receive the right features, but on an
non-transparant (white) background (without changing any other option in
the mapfile)?

Question:
- does anyone know IF it is possible to make the SINGLE output movies
transparent?
- If yes, please tell me how?
- Is there another way, then delving in the mapserver cpp code, to
influence the code within the mapserver-returned-swf-files (for example
to influence _root or using _parent references)?
- Is there other flash-output specific documentation other then: the fmv
flashexample: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/user_utilities/fmv.zip?

Thanks in advance,

Richard