tutorial problem

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at CBS.UMN.EDU
Wed Apr 6 10:48:22 EDT 2005

Since you are using MS4W, you should change your IMAGEPATH to
"C:/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/" and your IMAGEURL to "/ms_tmp/".  Don't forget to
include the trailing slashes.  You'll notice that the IMAGEPATH points to
your local directory while the IMAGEPATH points to the Apache Alias directory
(or virtual directory in IIS parlance).

MapServer dumps the output map to the IMAGEPATH and uses IMAGEURL to reference
it for HTML template output.  If you ran example 1.9 correctly, you will
noticec that the "[img]" tag in the HTML template has been replaced with
"/ms_tmp/<ms_generated_map.png>".

Lastly, note that you no longer call example 1.9 as
http://localhost/tutorial/example1-9.html (this is probably what you did).
Instead you pass example1-9.html to the MapServer CGI program by calling
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv50?map=/ms4w/apps/tutorial/example1-9.map.
Example1-9.html is no longer a plain web page but a MapServer HTML template.

Good luck!
-Perry

--
Pericles S. Nacionales

Dept. of Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior
University of Minnesota
work: 612 624 6713
e-mail: nacional at cbs.umn.edu