Identify WMS Layers with ArcGIS

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Apr 6 15:23:21 EDT 2005

Hi Eduin,

I don't know the current status of WMS in ArcGIS. But it used to be that
only ArcXML is supported for a GetFeatureInfo response (identify), but
Mapserver uses a Mapserver flavour of GML 2. So those two don't match.

I expect things to get better when both Mapserver and ArcGIS will
implement GML 3 level 0 profile, and the WMS spec will adopt that as the
"standard" for GetFeatureInfo (or at least most WMS services will support
this).

So probably for now you won't get this to work in the *land of
interoperability*.

Best regards,
Bart