Interpolating a raster layer from a point layer...

Jeremy Malczyk jmalczyk at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 6 17:00:08 EDT 2005

Is it possible for MaMapServero render a raster layer that is derived entirely from values in a
vector (in this case, point) dadatasource

For example, I have regularly spaced point data (a grid of sorts), and I want maMapServero color
pixels based on the nearest point in that layer (instead of just displaying the point itself as a
symbol). The points would be coming in via an OGOGRVRTDataSourcepulling from an ODODBConnection to
an MS-SQSQLatabase). So basically I need MaMapservero query the point layer for each pixel in the
raster being generated, determine the nearest point, and then classify it according to an
attribute of that point.

Make sense? If so, can this be done? The point data would be changing rather frequently (daily) so
prprecompilinghe raster in a regular GIGISould be impractical.

Jeremy