[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] free raster tiling tools

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 00:02:27 EDT 2005

Nuno Gil <nunoragil <at> GMAIL.COM> writes:

> Dear listers,
> I need to tile and resample large raster files. Instead of using arc
> or some proprietary software I was looking for an open source
> alternative.
> Any idea???
> Regards,
> Nuno

As Frank pointed out, GDAL offers excellent tools for tiling and resampling from
the command line and via a scripting language of your choice. GRASS (with some
notable help from GDAL) also provides great tools for tiling and resampling in a
graphic (visual) environment, and also supports scripting. And there's OSSIM,
which I have no experience with but which might be a good bettoo.

Let us know what you learn.
Rich