Another satisfied mapserver user

Andy Burnham andy at MEGALITHIC.CO.UK
Thu Apr 7 16:35:46 EDT 2005

Hello,

I've not posted before but I thought you'd like to know of another
satisfied mapserver user (or very many if you include our web visitors).
You'll be pleased to hear I managed to get it installed and running on
my Linux box with only a minimum loss of hair, with the aid of the list
archives

Announcing the new Megalith Map from the Megalithic Portal

   * The world's first interactive multi-country map of megalithic and
other prehistoric sites
   * Covers the whole of Europe. Other areas are under construction
   * Over 10000 locations plotted and over 12000 photographs
   * Each monument listing approved by our team of editors
   * More than just megaliths. Also Pictish stones, Holy Wells, Ancient
Crosses and other selected 'Dark Ages' sites
   * Around 1500 more French sites are on the way in the next few weeks
   * Created and supported entierely by amateur enthusiasts with no
government, lottery or other external funding
   * Choice of frames or no-frames
   * Pure HTML, running on our server. No nasty plug-ins required

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/mapserv

Cheers,
Andy

The Megalithic Portal
http://www.megalithic.co.uk
The huge ancient site database with maps, news, community features
"a wonderful guide" - the New York Times
"useful, fun, and accurate" - Archaeology Magazine