Install/Config Problems

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 7 20:44:50 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am attempting to install and configure
mapserver+phpmapscript+chameleon on my debian/linux box and have run
into a currently insurmountable issue. apache+php config is fine.
Haven't really tested php extensively, but some simple tests work ok.
I have configured Mapserver with the following command.

./configure --with-proj --with-ogr --with-gdal --with-jpeg --with-png
--with-tiff --with-postgis --with-wfs --with-wcs --with-wms
--with-wfsclient --with-wmsclient --with-php=/usr/src/php-4.3.10/

then ran make and copied the 'mapserv' executable into the cgi-bin
directory. When attempting to access a mapfile using the cgi-script
directly http://domainname.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/www/map1.map&mode=map
 I am returned '500 Internal Server error'. The logfile contains
'Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/mapserv'

If I re-run configure and remove the --with-php=/usr/src/php-4.3.10/
directive and recompile, the map displays fine.

I had originally compiled PHP as a DSO, but couldnt get mapserver to
work this way either, so reverted to compiling php into apache
directly.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff