Threadsafety/Exceptions for Java Mapscript?

Daniel Caldeweyher calde at GMX.NET
Mon Apr 11 04:33:28 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

first of all I would like to thank all the developers for this great piece
of software.

I am working on a GIS project for my University using JavaMascript on
Tomcat 5.5.7. My supervisor would to like to go online with my solution in
a month or two for public testing. In the beginning 'public' means open to
all University members, other Stakeholders and for presentations. However
in the (near) future it is very likely that my project will be made
available to the general public, initially targetted at South East-
Queensland only, but the whole of the state and an Australian-wide
installation are likely to follow. That is why I gave scalablity and
maintainability a high priority and chose Java Servlet/JSP/struts as the
development basis.

When I started Umberto Nicoletti's website indicated that "A patch that
enables exceptions in mapscript, so that mapscript errors don't crash your
JVM (and Tomcat) anymore." will come soon. Well its two-three months later
now and I was wondering when it will be released? It is very important to
me as I would not be very happy if i had to port my entire site to php or
python.

Thank you very much,

Daniel