Difference shp2img <-> mapserv.exe

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 11 16:16:48 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 3:45 PM, Wouter Schaubroeck
<wouter.schaubroeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this problem: with shp2img, my mapfile, and the corresponding
> image shows up, but with mapserv.exe it doesn't. Actually, it does, but
> it is blank.
> I've checked both with dependency walker, but there were no problems. Is
> there a solution for my problem, or is this very machine related?
> Btw: i'm running Apache 2.0.48 on windows xp.
>
> And this is how i call my mapserver
>
> /cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache2/htdocs/herten/herten.map&amp;mode=map

Wouter,

You didn't mention what commandline you use with shp2img.
I see your layer STATUS is set to ON.  This really just means
"potentially available", and it has to be turned on by an appropriate
(hidden) form variable in the mapserv.exe context I believe.  Try
setting the STATUS to DEFAULT.  If that works, then you need to
read up on how layers are enabled and disabled in mapserver.

If that doesn't help then the issue is something else...

Good luck,