problem with gd

Morten Hulden morten at UNTAMO.NET
Mon Apr 11 16:29:21 EDT 2005

orkun wrote:

> during compilation I receive this message:
> `mapsymbol.c:269: error: structure has no member named `gd_free'`

This is exactly what happens when you try to compile mapserver against a
PHP that uses the bundled GD library (discussed in another thread here),
because in the bundled GD the function is nowadays called php_gd_free.

Only solution sofar is to recompile PHP from sources and have it use an
external GD library. (Probably a good thing to do anyway because
mapserver and PHP should use the same version of GD)