Missing files or directories

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue Apr 12 06:08:50 EDT 2005

Hi,

this indicates Mapserver needs PROJ and it tries to locatie it default at c:\proj

If you want another directory you can specify an environment called variable PROJ_LIB with the respective path as value.

Download PROJ files from:

http://dl2.maptools.org/dl/proj/proj446_win32_bin.zip

and for the EPSG codes (put the epsg file in c:\proj\):

http://dl2.maptools.org/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx-and-esri.zip

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Nuri <nuri at NUSVIRTUAL.COM> 04/12/05 11:55am >>>
Hi,

I'm begin to use Mapserver.

It is running under Windows XP with IIS. I completed install Mapserver and
it runs.

I have several examples of how to use it, but they haven't got all sources
to execute in my PC.

I'm trying to run in my PC the example that appears in:

http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/example1-1.html

I have the shapes and databases used in it, but when I run the map writing
in browser URL:

http://nuri/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
map=d:/webserver/mapserver2/mapa01.map&mode=map

it appears the following error:

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. No such file or directory

Someone could explain me which file or directory is it looking for?

The map file I'm using is a simple one:

MAP
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  EXTENT 201621.496941 -294488.285333 1425518.020722 498254.511514
  SIZE 400 300
  SHAPEPATH "data"
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  PROJECTION
    "proj=laea"
    "ellps=clrk66"
    "lat_0=45"
    "lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  # "init=epsg:2163"
  #
  END
  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS --------------------------------------------
-
  LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
    NAME states
    DATA states_ugl
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POLYGON