Map object not intialized by ms_newMapObj in windows xp

Arunoday Chatterjee arunoday_chatterjee at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 13 21:37:07 EDT 2005

I'm facing a problem with running php mapscript in my new notebook with
windows xp sp2,
apache 1.3.23 and php 4.3.8 and mapscript from mapserver-4.2.3-win32-
php4.3.7.

My machine has got only one user account i.e. me as an administrator. It
has dialup networking
enabled and has broadband and wireless networking but they are not used.
I've not configured
any home office network etc. as when i tried to do so my apache started
giving problem and
i was not able to access localhost or run php. But they are running fine
all php scripts
execute properly except for this mapscript.
I've enabled full drive for all users. But still no improvement.

Whenever i execute it is giving me an error stating
"call to Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
c:\softwares\apache group\apache\
htdocs\rnd\test2.php on line 15"

where line 15 has the following code:

$image=$map->draw();

and the previous lines have
dl("php_mapscript_42.dll");
$map_path="c:/softwares/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/rnd/";

$map = ms_newMapObj($map_path."example1-1.map");

I've tested using phpinfo() that the mapscript dll is loading absolutely
perfectly.

The same code with the same map file the first one from the mapserver
tutorial runs absolutely
fine on my desktop with win xp sp2 and all other similar softwares.

This is probably a permission issue but i tested reading a file from php
script and it works
perfectly. I even copied the map and data files into the shared documents
folder but still
it won't work. What is the cause?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,