line symbol with endpoints

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at CCGIS.DE
Mon Apr 18 04:10:05 EDT 2005

Gerard B wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to configure my map data to follow a certain symbology, and
> there are some symbol definitions that call for line symbols that I cannot
> seem to duplicate.
>
> First, there is a symbol for a bridge, which should be a black solid line,
> and each end should end with a tick. So it should look something like this:
>

>>-----------------------------------------<
>

> It isn't a point, but a line. So no matter how long the line is, I want the
> endpoints to have a tick, and the rest of the line to be simple black solid
> line. Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this??
>
> I have similar symbols, such as a line with circle endpoints:
>
> 0---------------------------------0
>

> Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Gerard B

Hi,
seems like nobody answered your question (or i missed it). Peter
Freimuth wrote a doc about cartographic stuff using MapServer, this
could probably help you. The original i slinked here, but its in German:
http://www.mapmedia.de/dokumente/umn_signaturen_howto/index.html

It was translated and should have been added to docs, but i lost track
of where you can find it now. Before i repost the link to my mediocre
translation maybe someone (Jeff?) could point us to the link of the
final version.

Best, Arnulf.

--
Arnulf B. Christl