line symbol with endpoints

Gerard B gerard_b_18 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 12 10:14:38 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I am trying to configure my map data to follow a certain symbology, and
there are some symbol definitions that call for line symbols that I cannot
seem to duplicate.

First, there is a symbol for a bridge, which should be a black solid line,
and each end should end with a tick. So it should look something like this:

It isn't a point, but a line. So no matter how long the line is, I want the
endpoints to have a tick, and the rest of the line to be simple black solid
line. Does anyone have any advice on how I can do this??

I have similar symbols, such as a line with circle endpoints:

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!
Thanks in advance,

Gerard B