MyGIS, Mapfile, and MapScript

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Wed Apr 20 09:20:12 EDT 2005

The following message was sent by Don Deskins <dldeskins at GMAIL.COM> on
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:50:37 -0500.

> It must be monday!
>
> the errors are as follows:
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
> 'Parcels'. in <path> on line 274
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msMYGISLayerGetShapeRandom(): GetShape
called on
> MYGIS layer with invalid DB query results. in <path> on line 274
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: SELECT feature.id, feature.vertices,
> geometry.WKB_GEOMETRY from mysql query failed : mysql query failed in
<path>
> on line 274
>
> Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in <path> on
line 276

> Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

Don,

I'm confused, from your previous posts I can't determine if you imported
your data into mysql using the shp2mysql.pl routine. If not, that is
most likely the problem. The third error line above seems to indicate
that the geometry fields expected by the mygis reader do not exist.
If you do a 'select * from <table_name>\g' at the mysql prompt does the
data appear to be there?

Lowell

Lowell