Perl API method setProjection doesn't work.

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Wed Apr 20 11:28:21 EDT 2005

The following message was sent by SUBSCRIBE MAPSERVER-USERS Cave
<caveeagle at POCHTAMT.RU> on Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:46:21 -0500.

> > Ah. Hang on.
> > The second is wrong. The two others seems to do the same thing.
>
> Unfortunately, it’s right. All methods of solving my problem do not work.
>
> > Anyway - I think the problem is that setProjection() doesn't change
> > your extents, so you've probably zoomed in very closely on a spot in
> > the Pacific Ocean.
>
> To test this hypothesis, I have calculate the extents with proj utility,
> and set them manually. Unfortunately, it didn’t the help also.
>
> It is significant that setting the projection in query string from CGI-
> script works successfully.

Cave,

My theory on this one is that the setProjection may work correctly but
there are other parameters which need to follow for the map to render
correctly. The mapserv cgi handles all of those settings automatically
as opposed to mapscript where you need to set them manually. Until I can
look at the source I don't know what else is missing.

Lowell