mapscript configured but gives fatal error(nothing wrong with the program)

Shashi Gireddy gireddy at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 20 12:38:54 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a strange experience today, I had some problem with php errors(
I wanted to display php warnings also) so I changed php.ini file, then
php didn't worked for me even after I copied the backup ini file.
After many trials I installed a fresh copy of php and configured
mapscript. Its showing that mapscript is configured on my test
page(hello.php) here is the output
MapServer version 4.4.0-beta1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

but the strange part its giving "Fatal error: Call to undefined
function: ms_newmapobj()" error. there is nothing wrong with programs
as they were running fine earlier.

I am approaching my deadline , can anybody help me please.

thank you,
shashi.