consolidation of .map file contents

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Wed Apr 20 14:05:58 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

We have been using Mapserver for about a year now with a great deal of
success on small projects (i.e. single map file, single html template,
single query template).

Now that we are considering a more complicated project with nearly 200
.map files and their associated html templates and query templates -
quite a bit to manage should any cosmetic changes need to be made in
the map files.

Is there any way to "include" bits of a central map file to consolidate
the configuration of such a large project, or would it be better to use
a single .map file, customizing it through the URL passed to it...

...or is phpmapscript a viable option?

thanks in advancce for any ideas!

--
Dylan Beaudette