consolidation of .map file contents

Wed Apr 20 14:47:39 EDT 2005

All of your ideas are valid and can work depending on what you are try
to accomplish. I know Ed at Topozone.com is using template mapfile
fragments and using the cpp and Makefiles to generate a large number of
mapfiles based on change the DEFINES. That way if you need to make a
change to a section that is in all your mapfiles you just change one
file and type make.

But before you solve the technology, you might want to describe why you
need  200 mapfiles and what type of things are changing from one to the
other. There might be much better solutions.

-Steve W.