wms capabilities and mapfile scale correspondence

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Apr 21 00:02:57 EDT 2005

The MAXSCALE and MINSCALE objects in the LAYER object, if set, are
visible in the output WMS GetCapabilities XML response in the
Layer/ScaleHint/@min and Layer/ScaleHint/@max attributes, which provides
a client a good 'hint' of what scale the layer will view for.

..Tom