Missing namespace definition in DescribeFeatureType

Jürgen Link juergen.link at BGS-AG.DE
Thu Apr 21 05:07:04 EDT 2005

Folks,
we use mapserver 4.4.1 on a linux box to provide a wfs server.
The GML output does not validate due to an invalid schema file:

<schema targetNamespace="http://www.ttt.org/myns"
elementFormDefault="qualified" version="0.1">
<import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/gml/2.1.2/feature.xsd"/>
<element name="schlag_box" type="myns:schlag_box_Type"
substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature"/>
      <complexType name="schlag_box_Type">
      <complexContent>
      <extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
      <sequence>
<element ref="gml:polygonProperty" minOccurs="0"/>
<element name="SLNR" type="string"/>
<element name="STYP" type="string"/>
<element name="JAHR" type="string"/>
<element name="BTNR" type="string"/>
<element name="SLFL" type="string"/>
<element name="NUAR" type="string"/>
<element name="BENA" type="string"/>
<element name="GEO_ID" type="string"/>
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>
</schema>

The problem is a lack of namespace definition in the <schema> element.
I found other postings on this list with valid schema output, so it's most
probably a misconfiguration of our map server.
What could we have done wrong??

Thanks in advance
Jürgen

--