Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver crash with gd and antialiasing?

Jürgen Link juergen.link at BGS-AG.DE
Thu Apr 21 10:04:06 EDT 2005

Justin,
you may want to invoke mapserver on the command line:

      mapserv "QUERY_STRING=<parameter_list>"

Replace <parameter_list> by your actual query string from your actual URL
(i.e. the stuff behind the question mark).
Output goes to stdout and you'll maybe see some hints.
You may also want to set the "DEBUG ON" option in your map file to make
output verbose.

Jürgen
--
Dr. Jürgen Link
BGS Systemplanung AG
http://www.bgs-ag.de
E-Mail juergen.link at bgs-ag.de
Phone: 02241 166-530
Fax:   02241 166-680
Mobile: 0160 97262616

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Justin Schoeman     |
|         |           <justin at EXPERTRON.CO|
|         |           .ZA>                |
|         |           Gesendet von: UMN   |
|         |           MapServer Users List|
|         |           <MAPSERVER-USERS at LIS|
|         |           TS.UMN.EDU>         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           21.04.2005 15:24    |
|         |           Bitte antworten an  |
|         |           Justin Schoeman     |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |        An:      MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU                                                                                               |
  |        Kopie:                                                                                                                               |
  |        Thema:   [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver crash with gd and antialiasing?                                                             |

Hi everybody,

I am trying to use mapserver to render maps.  The basic rendering works
great, but antialiasing is giving me a lot of trouble.

After finally figuring out to use TrueColour visuals (RGB instead of PC256)
for PNG output in libgd (libgd 2.0.33), antialiasing started working
_but_...

Some lines cause mapserv (cgi interface) to die (probably a segfault, only
'Premature end of script headers: /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv' gets logged).
have experienced this with CARTOLINE and ELIPSE styles.  Without
antialiasing everything works fine.  With antialiasing it sometimes just
dies...

I am not sure exactly what lines trigger the problem though.  I know that
enabling antialiasing on some layers will cause mapserver to die at some
scale factors... If anybody has any ideas on how to track further, please
let me know ;-).

This problem has been verified on mapserver version 4.4.1 and 4.4.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin