HPGN Datum?

Bill Binko bill at BINKO.NET
Mon Apr 25 01:16:47 EDT 2005

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Dean C. Mikkelsen wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Here is some information for you about HPGN and HARN.

Thank you for the info!  This explains alot

> What you are experiencing in Florida is that network of points that
> defines the HPGN/HARN is based on NAD83, but that local states often try
> to make denser grids and hence come up with better transformation
> parameters.

That sounds right: the parcel data comes from a local county (pinellas).

> Looking at the files found in the PROJ.4 library, it appears as though
> the code you are using epsg:26759 is based on NAD27. This is where I
> would say the problem is occurring. If you use epsg:26959 this should
> solve the problem and will match with the HARN/HPGN.

I'm glad you're pointing me in the right direction, but that simple change
blew my parcels out of the screen.  Would it help if I posted the .prj
files for the two datasets?

Thanks for the input.

Bill