Perl Mapscript 4.4 Issues

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Mon Apr 25 08:18:22 EDT 2005

The following message was sent by Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM> on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:23:26 -0400.

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at the SWIGMapScript doc and have run into a few problems.
>
> $mapObj->setExtent($minx, $miny, $maxx, $maxy);
>
> and throws an error:
>
> Can't locate auto/mapscript/mapObj/setExtent.al in @INC (@INC contains:
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 .) at index.cgi line 255
>
> Also looking at the document it looks like there is an
> $layerObj->setExtent(...) which doesn't seem to be correct.
>
> The classObj doc says it "Provides access to all class parameters
> (color, symbol, label, & etc...)." but there is no doc to indicate there
> is a symbol property, nor is there any of doc/properties for color,
> overlaycolor, size, overlaysize. I think these were moved to styleObjs
> so it might be appropriate to comment on that.

Steve,

What version are you using?
I just double checked and there is most certainly a 'setExtent' for the
mapObj in the mapscript.pm.
You are correct on the classObj not. It is an old note that needs to be
deleted. Sorry for the confusion.

Lowell