Mac OS Tiger / Gcc4.0 support

William K woklist at CHARTER.NET
Mon Apr 25 10:09:04 EDT 2005

Not me yet.  Or anyone else that can say - developers that have advance
copies of Tiger are probably under NDAs on how things work (tho
developers can probably update their software to work on Tiger, they
just can't say how).

I'll probably be waiting a couple weeks to get and install Tiger, just
to see where everyone else has problems.  Also depends on when I have
time next month - kinda busy.  But I'll try to get a binary package as
soon as I can.  Of course, if the current one works on Tiger, that's
less pressure, and good to know.

GCC 3.3 vs 4.0 shouldn't be too hard - even now Apple has a way to
switch versions, so if there are major problems with 4.0 and MapServer,
one can just switch to 3.3 which works.

If you have Tiger now, as a non-dev, you're lucky.  I heard there was a
screwup at some online retailers and they shipped some early.  I guess
those people that got it early wouldn't have an NDA problem.

On Apr 25, 2005, at 1:03 AM, Nick Dabner wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Wondering if anyone has attempted using mapserver on Mac OS Tiger? It
> is out in a few days, but I haven't seen any notes on using Mapserver
> with it. One of the main changes is gcc 4.0 as opposed to gcc 3.3, but
> there is likely more things under the hood. Any reason known why it
> wouldn't work? Using the panther binaries posted on this list earlier
> in the month, which work really well.
>
> regards,
>
> Nick

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan