Can ArcIMS 9.0 or any ArcGIS products consume WMS or WFS web ser vices?

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Tue Apr 26 09:21:11 EDT 2005

Obe, Regina DND\MIS wrote:

> I found the below thread in the mapserv archives that stated this was
> not possible back then, but I was wondering if this is the same case
> with the ArcGIS 9.0 products.
>
> http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0409&L=mapserver-users&P=R1058&I=-3
> <http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0409&L=mapserver-users&P=R1058&I=-3>
>
> I was trying to test out my Mapserver WMS in ArcIMS or ArcMap.
>
> I looked at ArcIMS 9.0 and ArcMap  and I couldn't figure out any way
> to use OGC WMS servers, it seemed to only accept ArcIMS services.
> I thrilled to see I could do it from MapInfo though simply by pointing
> at my WMS URL.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Dear Regina,

for ArcGIs 8.x you must get the ArcGIS-WMS extension (freeware) from
Sicad (www.sicad.de). In ArcGIs v9 a lot of funcionality is missing, but
you may load wms directly .... I never tried this ;-)

Greetings, Till

*     AmeiN! ArcGIS Map-Export-2-UMN     *
*      AmeiN! Workshop 11. Mai 2005      *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de