Can ArcIMS 9.0 or any ArcGIS products consume WMS or WFS web ser vices?

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at CITYOFBOSTON.GOV
Tue Apr 26 08:42:14 EDT 2005

I found the below thread in the mapserv archives that stated this was not
possible back then, but I was wondering if this is the same case with the
ArcGIS 9.0 products.

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0409
<http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0409&L=mapserver-users&P=R1058&I=-3>
&L=mapserver-users&P=R1058&I=-3

I was trying to test out my Mapserver WMS in ArcIMS or ArcMap.

I looked at ArcIMS 9.0 and ArcMap  and I couldn't figure out any way to use
OGC WMS servers, it seemed to only accept ArcIMS services.  I thrilled to
see I could do it from MapInfo though simply by pointing at my WMS URL.

Thanks,
Regina