difference between php/mapscript and mapfile extents

Stefano Parodi fanenji63 at LIBERO.IT
Wed Apr 27 11:26:26 EDT 2005

I have noticed a different behavour if I set the extents of the map in php
(via the $map->setExtent) or if I use the EXTENT defined in the mapfile.

If I use the mapscript method the generated map contain a "buffer" around
the extent while using the extent in the mapfile the image generated is
correct.

The EXTENT in the map file is as follow (in Gauss-Boaga coord. system)
EXTENT 1378000 4828166 1586000 4966833
The php code is:
$map->setExtent(1378000,4828166,1586000,4966833)
For both the size of the map is 600*400 pixels.

Is there any form of "buffer" or border that the setextent method apply?

Thank.

Stefano